Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP) Systems
Impressed current cathodic protection systems are the ultimate state-of-the-art, long-term solution to corrosion problems, and are recognized as a superior alternative to sacrificial anode systems, which require frequent replacement. Impressed current cathodic protection systems are preferred by ship owners because they reduce fuel cost and maintenance.
Our systems work by supplying a controlled amount of DC current to submerged surfaces using highly reliable mixed metal oxide anodes and zinc reference electrodes. This electrical current, constantly monitored and regulated by the system itself to prevent the electrochemical action of galvanic corrosion before it begins.
For more than 25 years, sea-going vessels of every type and size – oil tankers, LNG carriers, cruise ships, pleasure craft, workboats, semi-submersibles, and more – have benefited from the 24-hour protection provided by Impressed current cathodic protection systems against the costly, corrosive effects of electrolysis.
- Increased life of rudders, shafts, struts and propellers as well as any other underwater parts affected by electrolysis
- Anodes are light, sturdy and compact for easy shipping, storage and installation
- Anodes, reference cells and automatic control systems maintain just the right amount of protection for underwater hulls and fittings, unlike standard zinc anodes, which can’t adjust to changes in salinity or compensate for extreme paint loss
- Automatic control equipment ensures reliable, simple operation
- Optimum documented corrosion protection at minimum overall cost
- Only one installation required for the life of the vessel or structure
- Increased dry-dock interval
Designed to provide a 20 plus year service life
Our ICCP System is designed for our world wide clients with the following features.
- Auto/Manual mode
- 4.3” TFT Touch screen LCD display
- Data download is applicable through USB memory
- Very convenient operation on easy and sophisticated controller
- Data communication and alarm signal can be connected to ship’s AMS
- Simple installation to all kinds of new building as well as retrofitting ships
Refer to information below for detailed specifications
Reference Cell / Electrode
ICCP systems are controlled to assure optimum protection. This control is obtained by inserting a third electrode between the anode and the cathode. The third cell/electrode is insulated and does not receive any anode current. This cell/electrode is freely corroding and it becomes the starting point — or reference — in eliminating corrosion. Cell/Electrodes constructed of Zinc are used exclusively with the ICCP system.
Zinc Reference Electrode
Power Supply Unit / Control Panel
Each standard ICCP system utilizes a solid-state controller which monitors and controls the protection as measured by the Zinc Referance electrode. Anode current automatically increases when the electrode potential falls below the designated control value. An over- and under-potential alarm is provided with the system package. We also offer optional digital control, state-of-the-art technology with every system. The computer controller (shown below is more accurate and provides central control, monitoring, data storage and hard printout.
Mixed Metal Oxide Anodes
Mixed Metal Oxide anodes of are used exclusively for ICCP systems. ICCP anodes are manufactured in Linear Loop , Elliptical and Circular designs with insulating holders. They are available in a single unit capacity of 75 to 225 amperes, as required for various installations.
(Please watch the below video animation of how the ICCP system functions)
The file you are downloading is the Impressed Current Cathodic Protection log sheet. The format of the file is in Excel (.xls)
The file you are downloading is the Marine Growth Prevention System log sheet. The format of the file is in Excel (.xls)
SOLVING YOUR CHALLENGES
Geared with a team of experienced, well-trained personnel possessing the required skills and an extensive knowledge of the CP market ,allows it to secure various projects with valuable and profile centric project management to cater to the Marine & Offshore Sectors.